The Institute is aimed at:
- Performing supplied scientific research related to design planning construction and performance of buildings and roads in Sudan with emphasis on research that can be transferred to pilot projects.
- Provision of graduate program, leading to M.Sc. & Ph.D. degree.
- Provision of training courses and program, in related fields.
- Provision of consultation and services in fields related to the institute’s work.
- Cooperating with national and regional international corporations in the institute areas of research.
- Dissemination of information and reports and research outcome and availing information in local regional and international levels.
- Availing information and provision of recommendations to help those who are concerned with setting specifications for buildings and road industries and code of practices.
- Carrying out all what is needed to fulfill the institute objectives.