Objective of the plant
1. To assist in the development of the present traditional production of fired clay bricks by producing good quality bricks.
2. To provide facilities for experimentation work on appropriate technology transfer, and hence to act as a research and consultation centre.
3. To act as project of excellence so as to demonstrate to potential investors the practical possibilities of producing good quality bricks.
4. To play the role of a training centre in the brick production technology.
5. To act as a nucleous for ceramic industry in Sudan.
- The factory makes use of the accumulated and extend experience in the field of building materials. In this respect tremendous efforts were exerted to reach an optimum mix proportion and suitable means of drying and firing which units the available raw materials and the prevailing environmental and climatic conditions. Accordingly the factory overcome the industrial problems which facing it like high percentage of breakage. The recently established brick factories make use of the factory experience in the field of raw material preparation, manufacture, drying and firing.
The annual production of is 2 million bricks of standard size, whereas the designed capacity is 10 million bricks per annum.
- Perforated fired clay bricks.
- Size : 230 x 110 x 60mm
- Compressive strength : 10-16 N/mm2
- Water Absorption
Selling price including VAT = 575 SDG
How to Order
C/o. Dr. Fatih El Rahman
Executive Director of Soba Pilot Brick Plant.
Building and Road Research Institute (BRRI)
University of Khartoum (U. of K.) - Eljama'a Avenue
P.O. Box 321 Khartoum